Injury Car Rental Phoenix
INJURY CAR RENTAL PHOENIX
When renting a car from Accident Rental Cars, getting involved in an accident might be the last thing on your mind as you go about your business, especially since our cars are rented exclusively to people who have recently been in an accident. If the unthinkable occurs, and another accident happens while in your rental vehicle, you should not panic but rather handle the situation the way you would handle it if the accident occurred with your own car. It is imperative that you follow proper protocol for the purposes of avoiding unnecessary paperwork or confusion.
- You should ensure that everyone is okay including any passengers in your vehicle, and if safe for you to do so, the drivers and passengers in other vehicles.
- If there is someone with injuries or you cannot verify there are no injuries, or the accident was serious enough that any vehicle is not drivable, call 911.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with any party involved in the accident, while also taking pictures of the vehicles’ location and any visible damages incurred. Do so only if it is safe and appropriate given the nature of any injuries, including your own.
- Wait for the police to arrive, and then provide them with a copy of your Rental Agreement and the insurance information that is in the glove box. Be sure to get all information available on the other drivers and the police report number.
- Notify Accident Rentals as soon as possible so they can start the appropriate claims handling process.
- If you are injured and you do not believe the accident was your fault, you will want to contact lawyer who will advise you on the various options you are entitled to for the purposes of paying for your injuries
- If the collision was all or partly your fault, or if there are significant injuries, you will want to contact your own insurance company to report the claim. If you plan to hire an attorney, then your lawyer should take care of that reporting.
Remember that if you rented your car through Accident Rental Cars, then you have no personal liability to pay for any damage to the car, as all or our Rental Agreements have mandatory loss damage waiver (“LDW”) of your personal responsibility for damages to the car.